Saturday, 26 November 2016

A Christmas song



(in memory of Victoria Wood, sadly missed)

Chocolate orange; crystallised
ginger; christmas cake; mince pies…
Tie me to the trolley!
Hit me with your brolly!
Make me eat some natural
yogurt  with fresh strawberries!

Stollen stealing my resolve -
scooting past the alcohol -
Hit me with a loaded platter!
Thump me if I go near batter!
I’m trying to ignore temptation...
Serve me up a boiled crustacean!

Ice cream, cheesecake, apple strudel -
Now I'm losing all my scruples…
Get me through the checkout quick!
Steer me past the pick and mix!
That lemon muffin looks divine…
Let me out! I’ll shop online!


Post a Comment

Recognition

Oh google, how you flirt with me! Two poems found in search of me! My blog, my profile pic, my tweets, my Linkedin profile! This...